WWW.HappyNScrappin.com

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Balloon Decor using MM Vintage Findings

Hi everyone!! Emily here, with a project I created with the Making Memories Vintage Findings collection. You can find this collection 25% off at HappyNScrappin' ! I have loved this collection since it came out, and was really happy to get the chance to play with it. If you know me, you know I love hot air balloons, so I had to create another canvas with some on it. The last canvas I created with hot air balloons was three dimensional, but not as much as this one is. I really wanted to go all out with this. 

I'm happy with how it turned out.... what do you think?? 


This is the canvas in full.... 

A balloon... 
The twine and ribbons that are attaching the baskets to the balloons are all from the MM Vintage Findings trims. 

The center, smaller balloon...  Do you see the white edges of the balloons? I used the Imaginisce D-Stress tool to distress the edges of each one before gluing them all together. 

The last balloon which is closer to the bottom of the canvas... 

As you can see, I used the MM papers to create the baskets... I also used some Bazzill to create the blue basket. I then outlined the top edge of each one with Liquid Pearl. 


The last photo below is it hanging in our hallway. I love it!!! 


Here are the products from HappyNScrappin' that were used to create the project.... just clink on the name of the product below it's image and it will take you to it!! 
Vintage Finding 12x12 Paper - Green Floral

Vintage Finding 12x12 Paper - Pink Geometric


Vintage Finding 12x12 Paper - Red Floral

Vintage Finding Trims - Warm

White Cardstock 12x12


Monochramatic Trio 12x12 - Stonewash

d-stress Creative Paper Edger


Shimmerz Spritz 2 oz. - Seafoam


Shimmerz Spritz 2 oz. - Sapphire

Shimmerz Spritz 2 oz. - Baby's Breath

Chunky Sugar Coating Glitter - Lily White


Foam Paint Brushes



Did you know that HappyNScrappin' carries the Tim Holtz Distress Stains? Be sure to get yourself some before they are gone!!! 

Be sure to stop by and check out Gaby's project here.... and I'll see you next Thursday!!! 

2 comments: